During the thirty-one years of the existence of Writers West, the members have developed a meeting format that is simple and effective. To make it easier for newcomers to feel comfortable, we're setting out the format.
- The president opens the meeting by asking whether there is any old business to be discussed.
- The president then asks about any new business.
- Prior to the manuscript readings, we relax with a short conversation about our writing or something that's happening in our lives that we'd like to share with other members.
- Members who have brought manuscripts are asked to read them aloud. Those listening may jot down their thoughts which will then be reviewed at the end of the reading. Readers are asked to limit their readings to approximately five pages to allow for other readings.
- In the absence of the president, another officer will conduct the meeting.